Like Wannabe Anglican, I am uncharacteristically ambivalent about this appointment because I don't know what to make of it. Either Archbishop Welby is indicating sympathy with the ACNA or he is warning the nascent province that it must tow the "reconciliation" line if it wants his official recognition. In light of his previous pattern of behavior, the skeptic in me is inclined to suspect the latter.
"The vocation of the Church is to be a community where as far as possible disagreement does not exist because truth is known, accepted and celebrated." (Martin Davie)
Thursday, January 16, 2014
The Baucum appointment: Call me ambivalent
Like Wannabe Anglican, I am uncharacteristically ambivalent about this appointment because I don't know what to make of it. Either Archbishop Welby is indicating sympathy with the ACNA or he is warning the nascent province that it must tow the "reconciliation" line if it wants his official recognition. In light of his previous pattern of behavior, the skeptic in me is inclined to suspect the latter.
Labels:
++Welby,
ACNA,
Anglican Communion
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment